To answer your answer about what is WordPress? I can say is an Open Source Content Management System (CMS) and a blogging tool, based on PHP and MySQL.
It is free of cost, and you can use it for any personal and commercial website. WordPress is the most popular blogging system and used for more than 60 million websites. It is licensed under GPL.
Is a website on WordPress safe and secure?
WordPress is safe and secure to operate. You need not worry about anything but, still, it is suggested to update your site with latest WordPress version to avoid hacking.
Is there any limitation for WordPress website?
WordPress can be used for e-commerce sites, membership sites, photo galleries and any other type of site you can think. Following are some disadvantages of WordPress:
- Using several plugins can make the website heavy to load and run.
- PHP knowledge is required to make modifications or changes in the WordPress website.
- Sometimes software needs to be updated to keep the WordPress up-to-date with the current browsers and mobile devices. Updating WordPress version leads to loss of data, so a backup copy of the website is required.
- Modifying and formatting the graphic images and tables is difficult.
When was the WordPress released initially?
When is it announced as open source software?WordPress was initially released on 27th May 2003 by Matt Mullenweg and Mike Little. WordPress was announced as open source in October 2009.
What is the latest version of WordPress?
The latest version of WordPress is 5.4 Beta 3 was released on March 31st, 2020.
What are the system requirements for installing WordPress?
Database – MySQL 7.0 +
- Web Server –
- WAMP (Windows)
- LAMP (Linux)
- XAMP (Multi-platform)
- MAMP (Macintosh)
- Operating System – Cross-platform
- Browser Support – IE (Internet Explorer 8+), Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari, Opera
- PHP Compatibility – PHP 7.2+
What are the steps should be followed for installing WordPress?
- Download WordPress from www.wordpress.org
- Extract the downloaded files and upload it on your web server or localhost.
- Open your web browser and navigate to the WordPress file path. Then you see the first screen of the WordPress installer.
- In the next step, please select your preferred language.
- In the next step, you see the information needed for the database before proceeding the WordPress installation.
- enter the details of your Mysql database.
- WordPress checks the details provided by you and gives you a confirmation screen.
- In the next step, you have to enter the administration details.
- After entering the administration details, click on “Install WordPress” button.
- After successful installation, you get a screen stating “success.” You can see the username and the password on this screen.
- Enter your username and password on the next screen and click ‘login.’
Explain the components shown on the Home screen of WordPress.
- Dashboard menu: This component of home screen provides the navigation menu options for posts, media library, pages, and comments on the left side of the screen.
- Screen options: This component of the home screen display different types of widgets which can be shown or hidden on some screen. This component also contains the checkboxes to show or hide different screen options and also allow to customize sections on the admin screen.
- Welcome: This component of the home page help us to customize WordPress theme by clicking on the customize your site button. Also, the center column provides some of the useful links such as creating a page and view the front end of your web page, creating a blog post. Moreover, the last column contains links to the menus, widgets, settings related to comments.
- Quick Draft: This component of the home screen includes a mini post editor which is used to write, save, and publish the post from the admin dashboard. This include title of the draft followed by some notes about the draft and save it as a draft.
- WordPress news: This component of home screen displays the latest news regarding the latest software update of WordPress.
- Activity: This component of the home screen shows the latest comments, recent posts published. It also allows you to reply, edit, delete, approve, or disapprove the comments. You can also move comments to spam.
- At a Glance: This component of home screen displays an overview of your blog?s posts, number of published posts and pages, and number of comments.
Is it possible to SEO a WordPress site to show it on Google first page?
WordPress has an inbuilt SEO search engine benefit. You can also have an additional plug-in in WordPress to help with SEO and rank on a favorite search engine like Google.
What is the difference between character 23 and x23?
Here 23 specifies the octal 23 and x23 determine the hex 23.
What are the hooks? Define different types of hooks in WordPress.
Hooks enable users to create WordPress themes or plug-ins with shortcode without changing the original files.
There are two types of hooks:
Action hooks: Action hooks facilitate you to insert an additional code from an outside resource.
Filter hooks: Filter hooks facilitate you to add content or text at the end of the post.
What are the most exciting and useful features of WordPress?
These are the features which make WordPress very popular:
- Easy to install and upgrade
- In-built SEO engine
- Free and easy theme selection
- Multilingual- available in more than 70 languages
- Own data- no unwanted advert on your website
- Flexibility and Easy publishing option.
Why does WordPress use MySQL?
Following are the reasons to use MySQL with WordPress:
- Open source
- Extremely fast
- A widely available database server
- Supported by low-cost Linux hosting
How many tables are there in WordPress by default?
At present version, there are about 11 tables in WordPress by default. You can check the number of tables in WordPress by phpMyAdmin.
What is by default prefix of WordPress tables?
The wp_ is by default prefix of WordPress tables.
In WordPress, objects are passed by value or by reference.
In WordPress, all objects are passed by value.
How can you call a constructor for a parent class?
You can call a constructor for a parent class by this way:
In which cases, WordPress is not suitable for a website?
These are some situations when WordPress is not recommended:
- If the client is working on the non-CMS based project.
- For sophisticated and innovative e-commerce sites.
- Sites which require custom scripting solutions.
Is WordPress the best CMS or any other CMS is better than WordPress?
No doubt WordPress is good CMS, but Drupal and Joomla are considered better CMS than WordPress to work.
Which is considered more secured wordpress.com or wordpress.org?
WordPress.com is relatively more secure than wordpress.org because they limit the themes and does not allow plugin’s installation. However, security depends on the hosting company of your website and also what steps they are taking to prevent the security problems.
Explain posts in WordPress.
Posts allow you to write a blog and post it on your site. They are listed in reverse chronological order on the front page of your blog.
Explain pages in WordPress.
Pages are different from posts. They are static, and they do not change often. You can add pages containing information about you and your site.
What is the difference between WordPress posts and pages?
WordPress posts are content published on a site with an exact date and time. They can be categorized systematically by category and tags. They are listed in reverse chronological order on a website.
What is a loop in WordPress?
WordPress uses PHP codes to display posts. This PHP code is known as a loop.
How can you disable WordPress comment?
You can disable the WordPress comment on the dashboard. On the panel, under the options- discussion you find “Allow people to post the comment.” Uncheck this to disable comment.